- toasty.tile_fits(fits, out_dir=None, hdu_index=None, override=False, cli_progress=False, parallel=None, tiling_method=TilingMethod.AUTO_DETECT, blankval=None, **kwargs)¶
Process a file or a list of FITS files into a tile pyramid in the form of either a common tangential projection, TOAST, or HiPS.
- fitsstr or list of str
A single path or a list of paths to FITS files to be processed.
- out_diroptional str, defaults to None
A path to the output directory where all the tiled fits will be located. If not set, the output directory will be at the location of the first FITS file.
- hdu_indexoptional int or list of int, defaults to None
Use this parameter to specify which HDU to tile. If the fits input is a list of FITS, you can specify the hdu_index of each FITS by using a list of integers like this: [0, 2, 1]. If hdu_index is not set, toasty will use the first HDU with tilable content in each FITS.
- overrideoptional boolean, defaults to False
If there is already a tiled FITS in out_dir, the tiling process is skipped and the content in out_dir is served. To override the content in out_dir, set override to True.
- cli_progressoptional boolean, defaults to False
If true, progress messages will be printed as the FITS files are being processed.
- parallelinteger or None (the default)
The level of parallelization to use. If unspecified, defaults to using all CPUs. If the OS does not support fork-based multiprocessing, parallel processing is not possible and serial processing will be forced. Pass
1to force serial processing.
Can be used to force a specific tiling method, i.e. tiled tangential projection, TOAST, or HiPS. Defaults to auto-detection, which choses the most appropriate method.
- blankvaloptional number, default None
An image value to treat as undefined in all FITS inputs.
Settings for the tiling process.